H.R.2 - Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act of 2015
04/16/2015 Became Public Law No: 114-10.
- Authorizing nurse practitioners to document evaluations for durable medical equipment- effective now
- Including nurse practitioners in the first year of the Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS)- this will require regulations
- Ensuring that nurse practitioner-led Patient Centered Medical Homes are eligible to receive incentive payments for the management of patients with chronic disease- this will require regulations
- Reauthorizing the Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP) which will ensure access to care is preserved for millions of children, including those who receive needed services from nurse practitioners- continuation of current program
- Extending funding for Community Health Centers and the National Health Service Corp, programs that are vital to the preparation and inclusion of clinicians such as nurse practitioners in the provision of care to the nation's vulnerable and underserved populations.- continuation of current program
**From AANP - which the Arizona Nurse Practitioner Council, Chapter 9 of the Arizona Nurses Association - is an affiliate organization.**