Nurse Practitioner (NP) New
Premise Health Website
We have an opening for a Full-Time Nurse Practitioner (NP) to work at our employer health clinic located in Phoenix, AZ!
Premise Health is a leading worksite health and patient engagement company dedicated to improving the cost and quality of employee healthcare. We believe healthcare should be about helping people get, stay and be well. That’s our mission and it’s the foundation of everything we do. With more than 40 years of experience, Premise Health manages more than 500 worksite-based health and wellness centers across the country. The company serves more than 200 of the nation’s leading employers, including a significant number of the Fortune 1000.
Summary: The nurse practitioner (NP) uses clinical judgments in conducting health assessments making differential diagnosis, and prescribing pharmacological and non-pharmacological treatments. Plans are implemented through independent action, health counseling, and collaboration with other members of the health team. The NP is responsible for clinical oversight and health center consultation regarding administration of health care policy and procedure of the delivery of on-site health services. The NP promotes optimum health, prevents illness and injury, and manages acute and chronic health problems in the on-site setting.
- Performs physical examinations and preventive health measures within prescribed guidelines and instructions of Physician Orders, interprets, and evaluates diagnostic tests to identify and assess patients’ clinical problems and health care needs
- Records physical findings, and formulates plan and prognosis, based on patient’s condition.
- Provides written home-going instructions
- Collaborates with Physician and other health professionals to prepare comprehensive patient care plan as necessary
- Prescribes or recommends medications or other forms of treatment such as physical therapy, inhalation therapy, or related therapeutic procedures
- Refers patients to Physician for consultation or to specialized health resources for treatment
- Maintains medical records (In some health centers it may be using Electronic Medical Record software)
- Educates and coaches nursing staff on best nursing practices
If you want to join a team of knowledgeable, compassionate, like-minded healthcare professionals, join Premise Health for an unlimited opportunity with the company that is changing the face and the place of the healthcare industry as we know it.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
- Master's degree (MSN) required
- At least three years of clinical experience as a Nurse Practitioner in an ambulatory care, occupational health, family practice or emergency department setting
- Knowledge of workplace health and safety concepts and OSHA regulations preferred
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse and Nurse Practitioner in state of practice
- Nationally Certified as a Family Nurse Practitioner
- Current Certification in AHA or ARC Basic Life Support for medical provider is required, Advanced Cardiac Life Support may also be required based on contract scope of services
- Appropriate certification to write prescriptions under the authority of the Medical Leader, if allowed within state of practice
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of Internet software, Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software
- Training skills a plus
- Demonstrated problem-solving and work flow management skills
- Knowledge and experience with Electronic Medical Records